Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Strategic Plan?
- A Strategic Plan is a long-term framework that outlines a roadmap for the future of the school district.
- While this plan focuses on the district as an organization, it involves collaboration beyond the school board and district staff to include the general public, business and industry representatives, and other community stakeholders.
- During the visioning phase of the process, our community can pause, take stock and define, as a community, what Dublin City Schools should be in the future and how to get there.
- The plan was created based on input from everyone in the community that cares about the future of the school district as a place for students to thrive, succeed, and prosper.
- The plan is a guide for decision-makers and will include an overarching vision that aligns all aspects of the community life and identify goals for the district to achieve.
Why does the school district need a Strategic Plan?
- In general, planning represents good stewardship. In addition to providing quality education, the district is positioned to remain a leader in the region for generations to come.
- To ensure continued success as the district grows, it is important to establish a clear strategy to harness current assets, grow wisely, and position the district to retain and attract new employees, students, and investment alike.
What is the timeline and process for completing the plan?
- The plan was a 12-month process completed in late Winter of 2023.
- Phase One - Preparation: The Board of Education met with Superintendent Marschhausen, reviewed benchmark districts around the United States, and discussed priorities. Those priorities were shared with the district's key stakeholder groups for feedback and refinement. The Community Survey was shaped by these efforts.
- Phase Two - Vision Development: The Community Survey was widely shared with district residents, staff and 6-12th grade students during the month of September. Results were shared with the Board of Education in late fall to create a draft vision, mission, and guiding principles. These draft items were shared back with key stakeholder groups for additional input. District leadership also gathered internal input and created a working draft Strategic Plan document during the winter.
- Phase Three - Finalization: The Board of Education reviewed the proposed document, followed by official adoption of a resolution at the 3/13/23 Board meeting.